Hello, Columbus.
More on this later. But for now, an invitation to anybody reading:
Our Friends in Hamtramck,
We're not certain how far and wide the news has spread at this point, but it chokes us up to say that a great opportunity in Columbus, Ohio is taking us away from our beloved hometown of Hamtramck.
Shocking, but true.
Happy for us? Mad as hell at us? Just want to hang out with a bunch of cool people along with us?
Then let this serve as an invitation and reminder that you're invited to an informal, (yet no-less riotously fun) get-together for all of our friends.
The time is this Saturday, June 10 at 9PM. The place is New Dodge Lounge at 8850 Jos. Campau.
Again, it's a super casual cash-bar situation. All you need to bring is yourself and a few bucks for a round or two.
We hope to see you there. No RSVP is required, but if you're so moved, reply here with a comment or call us up: 313-871-1107.
Thanks. For everything, and then some. We miss you already.
With love,
Mike & Gosia & Milosz & Klara
See you there.


11 Comments:
Awwww....Hamtramck will miss you. Stop back in someday!
6/12/2006 9:22 PM
Dammit. You couldn't tell me this BEFORE I made the "HamCon" graphic on my site? tsk tsk tsk...
:o)
Good luck and have fun!
6/14/2006 12:43 AM
Don't blame you for leaving. Fire Department cut, city going under again, police chief out of control, good bye sir, I wish you luck. could you take your windbag friends on the council with you....please???????
6/27/2006 5:12 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everybody (here and on the phone and on the street and by the e-mail).
I’ll miss a lot of things about Hamtramck.
Sandy's post reminds me how I’ll miss the dedicated people who’ve devoted their time and energy (and at times, sanity) to improving the city, and conversely, how I won’t miss the noisy minority content to piss and moan the day away.
See you around town, folks; especially at our massive yard sale on Caniff on July 8th. See you there (and no pissing and moaning about the selection).
MR
6/28/2006 10:35 AM
Good Luck. I'll show for the garage sale (this may be cheating, but any books for sale?).
6/28/2006 1:43 PM
Thanks, Albin.
Oh, yes: there will be books. And about a zillion old New Yorkers, too. Many other items of interest as well.
Stick around for more info...
Mike
6/28/2006 3:43 PM
Sniffle. Say it isn't so! This town will miss you. Good luck. And check out my favorite Columbusans www.toothpastfordinner.com
6/29/2006 9:32 AM
Thanks, G. (You missed an "E"):
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Mmm. Minty.
6/29/2006 10:19 AM
"I won’t miss the noisy minority content to piss and moan the day away."
Keep in mind Mr. Rehfus that you were once that piss and moan minority before beloved Zych and solidarity got in.
Good luck in Columbus. I don't blame you for moving your kids out of here so they won't have to attend the HPS. Good move and for good reason.
7/02/2006 10:49 PM
By the way, noticed every comment needs your appoval. Great sensorship, no wonder you and solidarity get along so dam well, did you see that last council meeting?
7/02/2006 10:50 PM
Actually, Tom, I've never pissed or moaned; I've always attempted to be an active part of the solution. Looks like you've identified the schools as a problem here in Hamtramck. I hope you'll be a part of the force that implements real change there.
As for the comment moderation, you give me too much credit (it's spelled "censorship," by the way). When you have a blog you're grateful for any tool that helps you control the spam robots. Congratulations on not being a spam robot.
Also, when you have a blog, you'll enjoy a little thing called "moderator's prerogative." The luxury one has to ignore anonymous little mice like yourself. I guess I'm not doing a very good job of that, now, am I.
No, I didn't watch the council meeting. We never had cable when we were in town, and believe it or not, the Hamtramck channel is not offered in Columbus. Can you believe that?
Now go get some sunlight, Tom. Every day's a sunny day in Hamtramck, in my heart, at least.
7/03/2006 10:20 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home